[ Bethesda Elementary School Asphalt Paving Improvements ] Job Information
|Company||Durham Public Schools||Category||Advertisement for Bids|
|Job Type||Advertisement for Bids||Minimum Education||University|
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Bethesda Elementary School
Asphalt Paving Improvements
Durham Public Schools/Durham County
Sealed bids from licensed contractors will be received by Durham Public Schools, Durham, North Carolina on Thursday, March 13, 2014 for furnishing of labor, material and equipment for the Bethesda Elementary School Asphalt Paving Improvements, 2009 South Miami Blvd, Durham, North Carolina, 27703. Bids will be received up to 3:00 PM from Single Prime bidders at which time and place all qualified bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Deliver bids to Durham Public Schools, Construction and Capital Planning Office, located at 2011 Hamlin Road, Durham, North Carolina 27704, (919) 560-2216.
• No bid may be withdrawn after the scheduled closing time for the receipt of bids for a period of sixty (60) days.
• Bid security required is 5% of the bid in cash, certified check, or Bid Bond.
• Performance and Payment Bonds in the amount of 100% of the contract amount will be required.
• Durham Public Schools reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to waive informalities or irregularities.
Minority Business Participation: Bidders shall note that compliance with County of Durham M/WBE policies and the North Carolina Statute 143-128.2 (c) are required for this project.
Project scope: Includes improvements to the existing bus loop by flexible pavement reclamation, asphalt overlay, and restriping as indicated in the Contract Documents. An alternate includes asphalt overlay and restriping of the existing car parking lot. See drawings and project manual for full scope of work.
Pre-Bid Conference: Scheduled for Wednesday, February 26, 2014, at 2:00 PM, in the Cafeteria of Bethesda Elementary School, 2009 South Miami Blvd, Durham, North Carolina, 27703. Inspection of the site shall be scheduled immediately after the Pre-Bid Conference. The project Engineer and Owner’s representative will be available to answer questions. It is recommended that prime bidders attend the entire Pre-Bid Conference and visit the site prior to bidding. Site visits should be scheduled with Christina Grimes, DPS Construction & Capital Planning at (919) 560-2216.
Statement of Qualifications: Each proposal shall be accompanied by a statement of qualifications that demonstrates experience in at least five (5) projects of similar scope within the past three (3) years with references.
Complete plans and specifications for the project can be obtained at the Contractor’s expense from Accent Imaging (Contact Eric Ramse), 8121 Brownleigh Drive, Raleigh, NC 27617, (800) 280-0755, www.planscope.com.
A complete set digital files may be viewed at www.planscope.com
Plans and specifications are also open for inspection at the following locations:
• McGraw-Hill Construction Dodge Plan Rooms in Raleigh, NC
• Carolinas AGC, Inc. Plan Rooms in Raleigh, NC
• Construction Market Data offices in Cary, NC
• HCAC/iSaFT Plan Room in Charlotte, NC
• NC Institute of Minority Economic Development in Durham, NC
• UDI Business Resource Center in Durham, NC
• Accent Imaging, 8121 Brownleigh Drive, Raleigh, NC 27617
Deputy Superintendent of Operations
Durham Public Schools,
Durham, North Carolina