(San Francisco, CA) – The NAACP reacted to San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee’s decision to drop plans for a policing program that resembles New York City’s invasive stop-and-frisk policing program: “We are pleased Mayor Lee has backed away from this dubious stop-and-frisk policy,” stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous.
According to the Center for Hispanic Leadership (CHL), universities and corporations must become more culturally sensitive of the educational requirements that will better prepare and enable Hispanics in the classroom and the workplace. In response to this growing need, CHL has identified and invested heavily in a unique approach that combines culturally relevant curriculum and interactive video-based technology: Hispanic Training Center, launching August 6th.
LOS ANGELES – MTV. HBO. CNN. These cable stations have revolutionized our television viewing experience and our culture as a whole. In 1979, cable was still an emerging technology, but one that brothers Clinton and Carl Galloway knew was worth pursuing.
- Interfaith Coalition on Mosques Today Called for a Comprehensive Investigation of the Suspicious Fire that Destroyed a Mosque in Joplin
- Mortgage Expert: Financing your Home
- The Power of the Hispanic Dollar
- UNC Study Finds Racial Diversity of Dtudents Beneficial in Higher Education
- High-Risk Sexual Activity Among Black Teens Drops Dramatically