ORLANDO, Fla. - As a black man living in 21st century America, LaVar Akins has personally witnessed and experienced several of the issues his peer group faces regularly. In “I Make Twenty Next Month: The Definition of Black Male Success” (ISBN 0615641822), Akins addresses these issues while providing solutions and provoking discussion and thought in readers through a powerful yet conversational tone.
With a hands-on approach, Barbara Derrick inspires a new, challenging, ultimately fruitful method for one’s progress in becoming whole and Christian - Barbara Derrick’s Your Spiritual Growth Handbook (published by iUniverse) new book contains a five week plan that is a hands-on approach that allows the reader to record his or her feeling and actions in problem areas. These problem areas evolve into strengths that ultimately become the Spiritual Growth readers are seeking.
WACO, Texas (July 18, 2012) — Fans of Facebook hate groups, while using new media to target President Obama and his family, are relying heavily on old stereotypes of blacks as animalist, evil or shiftless — including depictions of the President as a chimp or sporting a bandana and a mouth full of gold teeth, according to a Baylor University study.
Civil Rights organization Helps Distribute Music Video Outlining Dangerous, Racially Discriminatory Police Practice
- Guilty Until Proven Innocent: 12 Things I Wish I Had Known Before Being Falsely Accused
- Wells Fargo Announces Settlement with U.S. Department of Justice Regarding Mortgages
- New guide addresses problems often faced by young African American men today
- Supreme Court Hands Obama a Huge Healthcare Win
- Obama Continues to Disrespect Black Press