Announcing the launch of the first publication of the Leadership for a New Era Series - How to Develop and Support Leadership that Contributes to Racial Justice, produced by the Leadership Learning Community and other thought leaders.
(RALEIGH) - The North Carolina Department of Transportation’s Rail Division to spend $43.4 million for improvements to better accommodate passengers at nine train stations along the Southeast High Speed Rail (SEHSR) corridor between Raleigh and Charlotte.
Recently, the U.S. District Court of New Jersey granted the NAACP’s motion for summary judgment in a disparate impact case challenging the North Hudson Regional Fire and Rescue’s (NHRFR) use of residency requirements for hiring.
General intelligence alone is not enough: An employee with a higher level of emotional intelligence is more dedicated and satisfied at work. A new study shows that emotional intelligence plays an important role in coping with organizational politics.
I truly appreciate your Sept. 2 - 8 political cartoon depicting hate-mongering Glenn Beck’s absurd attempt to step into Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s shoes. This land was stolen from Native Americans, and developed with the stolen labor of Native Americans and Africans. First with litteral slavery; then, with the redefined slavery of “Jim Crow” laws until ...
Laura Bates walked into Wabash Valley Correctional Facility’s segregated housing unit and began knocking on inmate’s metal cell doors. “Hi. Would you like to read Shakespeare?” she asked. Those knocks led to a one-of-a-kind program.
Fostering community cooperation, building on skills and strengths, and getting strangers to work together -- these are fundamentals of community development. A pilot study of six migrant families living in a farm town, published in Southern Rural Sociology.
- In Parent-Teacher Conferences, It’s Often Not About the Student
- Bad Leadership Wrecks Companies, Despite What Leaders Wish
- Nonprofits a Surprising Bright Spot in National Jobs Picture
- Unemployment Among Black Women Surges National Women’s Law Center
- Boosting Diversity With Leadership Effort For Girls of Color
- GDN Book Feature: “Come To Win” By Venus Williams
- Bridging Generation Gaps to Inspire African-American Youth Health
- Dr. Shirley Caesar to Host HBCU Choirs 2010 Kennedy Center Performance