FAIRFAX, Va., Feb. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- UNCF– the United Negro College Fund – the nation's largest and most effective minority education organization, is rallying with churches to support its National Faith Initiative. Churches will host a UNCF SUNDAY on February 27 to collect donations from congregations across the nation to help kids get the education they need and our nation needs them to have. The campaign aims to engage and encourage the faith community to support UNCF, minority students, and the 39 historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) that belong to UNCF, and to build a robust network of informed advocates for minority education.
Thousands of parents are now closer to exercising more educational choice for their children thanks to the passage of a bill eliminating the state’s charter school cap in the State Senate. Senate Bill 8, which passed 32-17 this morning in the North Carolina Senate, will now go before the state House.
Wilmington, N.C. - Highly influential American feminist and writer Elaine Showalter will speak and give a reading to students, faculty and community members at 4:30 p.m. Monday, March 7, in Lumina Theater at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. Her topic is "Writing the History of American Women Writers." Showalter's reading will be followed by a Q&A session and book signing as part of the university's Bucker Lecture Series.
- ComplianceTech Study Finds Wide Discrepancy in Home Mortgage Credit Between Minorities and Whites During Housing Downturn
- We Should Leave No Community Behind
- DiabetesSisters’ National Conference Addresses Unique Challenges of Women with Diabetes April 29 - May 1, 2011 in Raleigh, NC
- Black Philanthropy: Still working to uplift the underprivileged
- Viewpoint: Egypt Uprising