Venus Williams has become a household name. Venus is synonymous with success. At the young age of 30, she has become a huge success in a number of ways. Most people are familiar with her career in tennis. She is a two-time Olympic Gold medalist and she has won numerous Wimbledon titles.
(NNPA) - A 2009 study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) revealed that black teens and young adults are more prone to violence than their white counterparts. Despite that alarming fact, mentoring and counseling groups like the District-based Evolutionary Elders (EE) ...
105 New Selected Talented Voices from Historically Black Colleges and Universities for the 2010 Choir Kennedy Center Performance with Host Dr. Shirley Caesar "Lifting Voices for Health, Leadership, Diversity and Economic Empowerment"
To a 5-year-old, money is clinking coins in a piggybank. To a teenage girl, it's a new pair of skinny jeans. To a tween boy whose parents have lost their jobs to the recession, money is dinner. The economic downturn has all of us thinking about ways to save and how to spend wisely.
‘Macho’ Masculine Stereotype Not Healthy for Relationships: Watching superheroes beat up villains may not be the best image for boys to see if society wants to promote kinder, less stereotypical male behaviors, according to psychologists who spoke Sunday at the 118th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association.
- In The Shadow of Freedom: A Heroic Journey to Manhood and Liberation
- Addressing Alarming Increase In Wealth Gap Between Black and White Americans
- Essential Tips for College Campus Living
- Chicago’s Madden/Wells Project Live in Better Housing, Safer Neighborhoods; Still Face Health and Job Problems
- The Next Frontier For States and Cities: Building Clean Energy Industries and Green Jobs