LONDON – According to ChildHelp.org, a report of child abuse is made every ten seconds. They also state that 80% of 21 year olds that were abused as children met criteria for at least one psychological disorder. Pulling from his personal research and experience, author Dave Hamilton’s new book, Duncy, tells the story of Diddy, a black child growing up on St. Vincent Island in the Caribbean and United Kingdom. The only black child in his suburban United Kingdom class and unloved and abused by his mother, Diddy faced hardship both at home and at school.
There is a missing component to the national discussion concerning how to strengthen and rebuild the American economy. It is true that high unemployment, a weak national infrastructure, the need for stronger public education, the concentration of wealth and the deficit are all challenges to the nation’s economy but being left out of the discussion is the continued economic marginalization of racial and ethnic minorities.
Andrea Harris, President Of The North Carolina Institute Of Minority Economic Development, to Receive The U.S Department Of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency Abe Venable Award
Closer than I Realized has a full band sound complete with drums, keyboard, guitar, as well as auxiliary sounds. Two specific tracks have a guitar lead. Throughout this jazz instrumental project Darryl Donnell Murrill incorporates his saxophone instrumental lead along with saxophone accompaniment. This gospel jazz album can be found on iTunes, cdbaby, and Amazon. To learn more aboutDarryl Donnell Murrill and Closer Than I Realized, visit Ablaze Sound Productions at darryldonnellmurrill.com/p/ablaze-sound-productions.html. •
You know about Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving when people line up outside the big department stores and discount stores in the middle of the night to buy cheap Christmas presents. Black Friday is a big day for retailers, but I don't think it's nearly as important as Small Business Saturday. That's because small business is the heart and soul of our economy.
- Black Unemployment Still Needs to Be Addressed
- Cindy Trimm Publishes The Final Installation of Three-Book Series of Prayer and Spiritual Warfare
- New Study Finds A Common Bond Between School Bullies and Their Targets: Alcohol Abuse
- Ballot Proposition Increases Corporate Welfare
- Stone Cold Marketing: Selling Alcohol to Young African Americans
- Domestic Violence: What’s Love Got to Do with It?
- Does Obama Have Better Leadership Skills, Survey Shows
- Study Highlights the Current State of Women in Leadership Roles
- Discover Card Must Refund $200 Million for ‘Deceptive’ Marketing