The National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB) just made an important game-changing announcement at its recent national convention in New Orleans. NAREB announced a historic engagement with Wall Street investors to launch a $800 million Homeowner’s Assurance Program (HAP) to address the devastating effects of the housing mortgage crisis for Black America and other minority families and communities across the United States.
Special from The St. Louis American – There is no mainstream institution in the St. Louis region that addresses, head-on, the issues of race more consistently or effectively than the Missouri History Museum under the direction of Robert R. Archibald. With American I AM: the African American Imprint at the museum through September 25, we asked Archibald about the exhibit and his tenacity in hosting shows like this in St. Louis.
Results from a new University of Washington survey show that tea party supporters drink a far different brew from other conservatives – a lot stronger and not name-brand stuff. In other words, tea party conservatives differ from other conservatives - a lot. Findings from the Multi-state Survey on Race and Politics at the UW amplify observations, voiced recently by mainstream conservative columnists such as Michael Medved and George Will, suggesting that the tea party is taking its philosophy in directions far more extreme than those of average conservatives.
- News from the Right: A Government Shutdown In Name Only
- We Should Leave No Community Behind
- Out of Touch With Our Nation’s Civility and Racial Healing
- ESSENCE & Sean "Diddy" Combs will salute GRAMMY¨-nominated artist and mega-talent Janelle Monae
- Congress Must Act, or It Will Be Bleak Holiday for Millions
- Black American Voters Alert: Don’t Let Anyone Break Your Spirit