The quality of public education has been a heavy concern across the United States for many years. With the current downturn of the economy and downsizing of the school system, there is a growing concern about the nation’s schools ability to adequately educate today’s youth. Students at predominantly African American schools are at greater risk; according to statistics that show a large percentage of Black students are already at a disadvantage, more so than their Caucasian counterparts, or any other group in America.
A flyer hanging on the job posting board at the San Bernardino Fire Department announcing a new program to train cadets has ignited some citizens of SB to claim it’s racist.The cadet program was recently voted on by the city council to give teenagers who live in the community the opportunity to work for the San Bernardino Fire Department, one of the last departments to become fully integrated. Only eight of the city’s 148 firefighters live in the city.
HUD Launches New Campaign Against Housing Fraud Areas Hard-Hit by Foreclosures Most Susceptible to Scams
High Court Orders State Prison Population Slashed: Inland Officials Brace for Inmate Shift to Counties
- Picking Up the Pieces After Disaster
- My Restless Journey by Bertha Boykin Todd
- President Obama Meets with CBC at White House
- Brother II Brother Saving At Risk Black Males
- Social Networking to Achieve Racial Unity
- African Americans and Heart Disease
- Taste of Beauty Weekend
- Kids with Savings Accounts in Their Name Six Times More Likely to Attend College
- Service Gives a Second Chance