Jacqueline Novogratz, founder and CEO of Acumen Fund, has been selected as the 2010 William F. Glaser ’53 Rensselaer Entrepreneur of the Year. The Fund is a pioneering not-for-profit global venture fund that is changing the world.
Nearly three weeks after the midterm elections, the winner of the hard-fought race to become California attorney general has not been determined. Kamala Harris, the San Francisco district attorney, holds a slim lead over Steve Cooley, her Los Angeles County counterpart.
With the list of cool tech toys in the market ever expanding and the number
of holiday shopping days dwindling, gift shopping for the techie on your list
can be a little overwhelming. It’s Ryerson University’s Digital Media Zone to
the rescue! Our tech expert, Adrian Bulzacki, founder of ARB Labs, has created
a list of top tech toys in store this holiday season:
An Election Day robocall sent to Democratic voters in the state of Maryland telling them to “relax” and that the election was over—an apparent attempt to get them to stay home and not vote—has been traced back to Universal Elections, a company hired by Republican Robert Ehrlich’s gubernatorial campaign.
Dallas, TX -- The American Heart Association has joined with GMC, formerly the Gospel Music Channel and Music World Gospel
American soldiers are taking their own lives in the largest numbers since the military began keeping records, and the Department of Defense has enlisted
The USS Gravely, an Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer, will be commissioned Nov. 20 in Wilmington, NC, becoming first U.S. Navy ship to be named in honor of an African-American commissioned Naval officer.
Perhaps Americans and President Barak Obama signed off on the notion that “The people have spoken” in Tuesday’s mid-term election, before taking the time to read what is hidden in small print.
- The New Black Republicans: Fourteen Black Republicans ran for Congress
- Living Beyond Your Means: When Conservatives Blame the Poor for Being Poor
- Moving Forward: Celebrating 23 Years of Greater Diversity News
- A Ministry Where Justice and Spirituality Walk Together
- Wilmington Police Dept. Lieutenant Yolanda R. Sparrow Graduates from FBI National Academy
- Black Youth Get Political: Not politically detached and influenced by rap
- Reverend Melvin Whitley, Outreach Minister
- Foreclosure Crisis Had Significant Racial Dimensions
- Curtis E. Gatewood, Associate Minister Pennsylvania Avenue Missionary Baptist Church, Oxford, N.C.