NEW YORK -- The United Spinal Association (www.UnitedSpinal.org) in recognition of Disability Awareness Month, offers a free booklet, "Disability Etiquette", for anyone who wants to interact more effectively with people with disabilities. More than 54 million Americans have disabilities. Practicing disability etiquette is an easy way to make people with disabilities welcome. It also makes good business sense. When supervisors and co-workers use disability etiquette, employees with disabilities feel more comfortable and work more productively.
WASHINGTON -- "United We Can Stop HIV and Prevent AIDS. Unidos Podemos Detener el VIH y Prevenir el SIDA." That is the message for the seventh annual National Latino AIDS Awareness Day, which our nation observed October 15. This day is an opportunity for us to honor the dedicated family members, neighbors, coworkers, spiritual and community leaders, people living with HIV and AIDS, educators, health care workers, and advocates who want to stop the spread of HIV and to link people living with HIV to treatment and care. We must all work together to tackle the disproportionate impact of HIV and AIDS on Latino communities in the U.S.
Berklee College of Music Students, Alumni from Latin America to Perform in Mexico City Concert/Talent Competition
Domestic Violence Hiding in the Open, The Crime is Drastically Underreported Until It Reaches a Horrific End
NEW YORK (NNPA) - One of the great undiscussed dilemmas plaguing this city is the number of runaways and abducted children. The numbers are staggering. AMBER Ready Inc./Foundation states that annually about 800,000 children are reported missing in America. “The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime defines human trafficking as ‘the acquisition of people by improper means such as force, fraud or deception, with the aim of exploiting them.’ ...
- U. S. Commission on Civil Rights Must Be Replaced, Rights Leaders Say
- Maltreated Young Adults Not Receiving Needed Mental Health Services
- 50 Charity Executives Selected As the Most Influential
- Wireless Freedom in Underserved Communities Nationwide
- Modern Slavery: Problem of Human Trafficking Exists Locally
- Kiva Loans to the Working Poor, People Helping People!
- The 'Flat' World Is 'Open': How Technology Is Changing Education
- International Journalists Hone Multimedia Skills at Ithaca College Workshop
- Study Finds Links Between Obesity and Adolescents’ Social Networks