While there has been massive growth in cause-related marketing programs which have helped companies, charities and consumers, leaders of nonprofit organizations need to enter agreements with companies with their eyes wide open.
Center for the Digital Future Finds Significant Gaps in Internet Use Based on Age, Education, and Income
The Internet is the most powerful communication tool of our age -- or at least it is for those who have access to online technology or who want to use it. This year, the total number of Internet users in the United States reached its highest point to date -- 82 percent of Americans say they go online, a percentage that has remained relatively steady for the last few years.
NEW YORK -- The United Spinal Association (www.UnitedSpinal.org) in recognition of Disability Awareness Month, offers a free booklet, "Disability Etiquette", for anyone who wants to interact more effectively with people with disabilities. More than 54 million Americans have disabilities. Practicing disability etiquette is an easy way to make people with disabilities welcome. It also makes good business sense. When supervisors and co-workers use disability etiquette, employees with disabilities feel more comfortable and work more productively.
WASHINGTON -- "United We Can Stop HIV and Prevent AIDS. Unidos Podemos Detener el VIH y Prevenir el SIDA." That is the message for the seventh annual National Latino AIDS Awareness Day, which our nation observed October 15. This day is an opportunity for us to honor the dedicated family members, neighbors, coworkers, spiritual and community leaders, people living with HIV and AIDS, educators, health care workers, and advocates who want to stop the spread of HIV and to link people living with HIV to treatment and care. We must all work together to tackle the disproportionate impact of HIV and AIDS on Latino communities in the U.S.
Berklee College of Music Students, Alumni from Latin America to Perform in Mexico City Concert/Talent Competition
- Domestic Violence Hiding in the Open, The Crime is Drastically Underreported Until It Reaches a Horrific End
- In New York: Staggering Number of Missing Blacks Fuel Speculation of 'Human Traffickiing'
- U. S. Commission on Civil Rights Must Be Replaced, Rights Leaders Say
- Maltreated Young Adults Not Receiving Needed Mental Health Services
- 50 Charity Executives Selected As the Most Influential
- Wireless Freedom in Underserved Communities Nationwide
- Modern Slavery: Problem of Human Trafficking Exists Locally
- Kiva Loans to the Working Poor, People Helping People!
- The 'Flat' World Is 'Open': How Technology Is Changing Education