NEW YORK (NNPA) - One of the great undiscussed dilemmas plaguing this city is the number of runaways and abducted children. The numbers are staggering. AMBER Ready Inc./Foundation states that annually about 800,000 children are reported missing in America. “The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime defines human trafficking as ‘the acquisition of people by improper means such as force, fraud or deception, with the aim of exploiting them.’ ...
The people you see on Kiva's site are real individuals in need of funding - not marketing material. When you browse entrepreneurs' profiles on the site, choose someone to lend to, and then make a loan, you are helping a real person make great strides towards economic independence and improve life for themselves, their family, and their community. Throughout the course of the loan (usually 6-12 months), you can receive email journal updates and track repayments. Then, when you get your loan money back, you can relend to someone else in need. http://www.kiva.org/
Among the topics covered in workshop sessions will be mobile journalism using portable audio and video equipment; free or cheap alternatives to audio, photo and video editing software; the myth and reality of the “Twitter revolution”; distributing video online via YouTube and Vimeo; search engine optimization; best practices for online interviews and podcasts; and writing for the Web.
- Widening Racial Gap Exists in Key Factors for Economic Well-Being
- Positive Emotions Increase Life Satisfaction by Building Resilience
- Obama's Visit to Ghana: Indiana University Experts Comment
- All That’s Left Now is His Music
- Black Press of America Elects New Chairman: Danny Bakewell Aims to Harness the Power
- Children Living With Hunger in North Carolina
- Report Shows Need for Tougher Hate Crime Laws
- Wilmington Attorney Challenges Bar Association and Country Club
- New CBC Report May Give Peek at Presidentís Black Agenda