Health and Spirit
There has been a lot of coverage in the news lately about foodborne illness, but surprisingly, not much information has been shared about what these illnesses are. Foodborne illness is caused by eating contaminated foods or drinks. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), there are many different types of things that can contaminate food and cause disease, including bacteria, viruses, and poisonous chemicals.
With a hands-on approach, Barbara Derrick inspires a new, challenging, ultimately fruitful method for one’s progress in becoming whole and Christian - Barbara Derrick’s Your Spiritual Growth Handbook (published by iUniverse) new book contains a five week plan that is a hands-on approach that allows the reader to record his or her feeling and actions in problem areas. These problem areas evolve into strengths that ultimately become the Spiritual Growth readers are seeking.
NC BioNetwork/BioAg Joins Nourishing North Carolina to Provide Fresh Produce, Physical Activity for the Community
Lumberton, N.C. – Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) has awarded Robeson Community College Greenzone a grant through Nourishing North Carolina, a statewide community garden effort making local, healthy food more accessible to people across the state. In June 2011, BCBSNC launched the program in partnership with the North Carolina Recreation and Park Association (NCRPA) to create or enhance community gardens in all 100 North Carolina counties.
- NYU School of Medicine Adult ADHD Program to Host a Special Screening of “Gigante: A Documentary"
- “The Under Shepherd” Takes A Controversial Look at the Black Church
- What Carbohydrates Do To Your Body
- Positive Parenting During Early Childhood May Prevent Obesity
- Author to Speak on a Slave Escape from a Durham Plantation
- Peeved About My Parents' Predicament: class warfare and Medicare cuts