Health and Spirit
You are not alone! Nielsen’s latest comprehensive report Women of Tomorrow: a Study of Women around the World confirms women around the globe are feeling pressure like never before and are stressed! Nielsen is known for its measurement capabilities and for analyzing consumer behavior and trends in media, online, mobile and more around the globe.
In the spirit of National Nurses’ Week, students at the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing (JHSON) worked together to acknowledge the important contributions to care being made by nurses serving in Iraq and Afghanistan with the U.S. armed forces.
Using geriatric mice, a Johns Hopkins research team has shown that losartan, a commonly used blood pressure drug, not only improves regeneration of injured muscle but also protects against its wasting away from inactivity. A report on the old drug’s new role, which is prompting preparations for a clinical trial of losartan in older adults, appears online May 11 in the journal Science Translational Medicine.
- Early Treatment with Antiretroviral Therapy Prevents HIV Transmission
- Creativity is an Upside to ADHD
- The Mercy of Eternity: A Memoir of Depression and Grace
- DiabetesSisters’ National Conference Addresses Unique Challenges of Women with Diabetes April 29 - May 1, 2011 in Raleigh, NC
- Married to a Stranger: Some Couples Communicate No Better than Strangers
- The Black Community Crusade for Children