Health and Spirit
Married people may think they communicate well with their partners, but psychologists have found that they don't always convey messages to their loved ones as well as they think — and in some cases, the spouses communicate no better than strangers.
ACLU Files Commutation Petition On Behalf Of Man Serving Unjust Prison Sentence For Non-Violent Crime
NEW YORK The American Civil Liberties Union and the Los Angeles-based law firm Caldwell Leslie and Proctor, PC today asked President Obama to commute the remaining sentence of Kenneth J. Lumpkin, a father of four serving the 15th year of an unjust 20-year prison sentence for a non-violent offense.
Many may view the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. solely through the lens of civil rights. For the two of us, the centerpiece of his message is the power of service and volunteering to heal racial wounds and lead America into a new era of shared responsibility and equal opportunity. Much of Dr. King’s service message can be summed up in one of his most famous sayings: “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is what are you doing for others.”
African-American Baptist Mission Collaboration Increases Donation to Habitat for Humanity to $1 Million to Help Haiti Earthquake Relief
TUCSON, Ariz. (Christian Newswire) – The Family Life Radio Network hosted a meeting Monday, January 10th, as over 50 chaplains and church representatives met for the purpose of forming a "united front" to address the needs of the community in times of crisis or tragedy.
- Choice Hotels & The Steve Harvey Morning Show Search for a Star
- GDN Music Feature: James Fortune and FIYA to Release 'I Believe: Live'
- Conference of National Black Churches Moving Forward to Improve the Lives
- How Do I Get Health Insurance if I've Lost My Job?
- New Report Finds Marriage Trouble in Middle America
- From Addict to Counselor - How Project Homeless Connect Helped Henry Belton Turn His Life Around