Career And Education
WASHINGTON (NNPA) – African-American joblessness – nearly twice the national rate - is quickly becoming the first showdown between Black leaders and the nation’s first Black president as national Black and civil right leaders raise their voices telling the Obama Administration it’s time to end the jobs crisis in the Black community.
“We're sending a strong message to the president and Congress that we need to step up.
Change is certain and constant. Benjamin Franklin would have been wise to add "change" to his adage that "death and taxes are the only certainties of life." We are inundated every day with new relationships, new ways to do things, new expectations and new information.
African American Adolescent Male Summer Literacy Institute
Research says there is an adolescent literacy crisis in the United States, particularly among African-American males in urban communities. Alfred Tatum, associate professor of literacy, language and culture at the University of Illinois at Chicago, has made a serious commitment to provide a solution through his summer institute.
Bosses who are in over their heads are more likely to bully subordinates. That's because feelings of inadequacy trigger them to lash out at those around them, according to new research from the University of California, Berkeley, and the University of Southern California.
- Women and People of Color Being Recruited for Master of Public Administration Degree Program
- Program Targets Disadvantaged Youth for Careers in Public Health
- Family Literacy Can Solve Many of Nation’s Problems
- Amidst School Budget Crisis New Food 4 Thought Program Brings Food and Learning to at Risk Kids
- Counseling Expert Offers 10 Tips for Successful Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Weight Discrimination in the Workplace: An Emerging Threat