Career And Education
New federal research shows that African American and Hispanic students are being shortchanged, literally, when it comes to school budgets, in most districts with diverse enrollments. The U.S. Education Department study found that teachers in schools with more Latino and African American enrollment get paid an average of $2,500 less than teachers in the whole district.
On October 16, many will gather on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with the dedication ceremony of his memorial. Harry E. Johnson Sr., who has led the Washington, D.C. Martin Luther King Memorial Foundation as president and CEO since 2002, will address thousands.
You can depend on it: if it’s the presidential-election season, then it’s time for conservatives to retrieve from the political cesspoolthe tawdry claim that Black voters, seduced by the political bells and whistles of “Black leaders,” unthinkingly vote Democratic.
ivil Rights Report Shines Light on Education Disparities More Underserved Kids Taking Advanced Placement Exams
- Black Colleges Key to Reviving U.S. Education
- Minority Youth Media Consumption May Be Hampering Academic Achievement
- The Insistent Question: Where Are The Jobs?
- The Road To Success: NSBE flips the script on lagging recruitment and retention
- Prophetic Genius of Gil Scott Heron
- Your Take: Threat to Blacks in the Public Sector