As a United Nations committee initiates an inquiry procedure into the alarming number of missing and murdered Native women across Canada, human rights groups are hoping that an on-the- ground investigation by the international body will finally help stem systematic violence against Native women.
A growing group of individuals and organizations has designated Saturday, February 4, as a “National Day of Action” aimed at preventing a war against Iran. The manifesto is simple: “No War, No Sanctions, No Intervention, No Assassinations.”
CAP Experts Available to Preview State of the Union Address and how Communities of Color will be affected
Washington, D.C. — Over the weekend, the Obama campaign previewed Tuesday’s State of the Union address as an opportunity for the president to lay out a blueprint to “build an economy that works for everyone, not just a wealthy few.”
The recently published Race Justice: Judicial Atrocities Committed Against People of Color by Rogers Hicks is sobering reading for individuals from every ethnic and socio-economic background.
- Tell Congress: Overturn Citizens United and End Corporate Personhood
- Author to Speak on a Slave Escape from a Durham Plantation
- State to Help Taxpayers with Individual Income Debt Payment Program
- Comedian, Author and Radio Personality Steve Harvey Congratulates School During Special Visit as Honorary Principal
- The African American Experience is the American Experience