You want more great teachers, the kind that demonstrably raise student achievement, the kind students remember years after finishing school?
Perhaps Americans and President Barak Obama signed off on the notion that “The people have spoken” in Tuesday’s mid-term election, before taking the time to read what is hidden in small print.
Election Day victories for two Black Republicans raise a rare question in the House of Representatives in the 112th Congress: How will two African American members of the Grand Old Party interact with the Congressional Black Caucus?
When the U.S. Census Bureau recently released its annual report on the economic status of American households, few people were surprised that black and Hispanic households showed the highest increase in poverty rates.
In order to get to your destiny you have to go through some trials, tribulations and sometimes the wilderness. By the grace of God, Greater Diversity News made it through “The Challenges” and came out Greater! With the support of our advertisers, readers and staff, we have been blessed to provide wonderful online and publishing services such as our website: GreaterDiversity.com, Calendar of Events, C.O.D.D.E (Coalition of Organizations Dedicated to Diversity and Empowerment), Business Directory, classifieds, eNews, facebook and Twitter.
Dr. William J. Barber, II: Greenleaf Christian Church Disciples of Christ,
Dr. William J. Barber, II is President of the North Carolina NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People). He is Senior Pastor at Greenleaf Christian Church Disciples of Christ. He is Chairman Rebuilding Broken Places Community Development Corporation, which has developed or inspired over seven million dollars in community development which includes, 41 unit low-income senior citizen complex, 42 single family homes, computer training.
- Wilmington Police Dept. Lieutenant Yolanda R. Sparrow Graduates from FBI National Academy
- Black American Voters Alert: Don’t Let Anyone Break Your Spirit
- Black Youth Get Political: Not politically detached and influenced by rap
- Reverend Melvin Whitley, Outreach Minister
- Dear Obama: Notes From The Hood
- Reverend Robert L. Campbell, Senior Pastor at New Beginning Christian Church
- GDN North Carolina Endorsements
- Curtis E. Gatewood, Associate Minister Pennsylvania Avenue Missionary Baptist Church, Oxford, N.C.