Wilmington, NC – The Wilmington Police Department is proud to announce the graduation of Lieutenant Yolanda R. Sparrow from the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Virginia. Lt. Sparrow was selected among seven candidates from the State of North Carolina and 272 candidates representing 49 states in the US and District of Columbia, 26 international countries, five military organizations and four federal civilian organizations.
Many of the assumptions people have about black youth—that they are politically detached and negatively influenced by rap music and videos—are false stereotypes, according to a new University of Chicago study by Prof. Cathy Cohen, based on surveys and conversations with the youth themselves.
Reverend Melvin Whitley is an Ordained Outreach/Prison Minister with Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church and Board member of Action NC. Action NC is a non-profit working community to “organize the fight for Justice and Equality.”
New York, NY -- The subject is hot that’s why the book is timely. It’s what the political conversation is among African Americans right now: But it had already been told in the book Dear Obama: Notes From The Hood.
Reverend Robert L. Campbell is a Minister at New Beginning Christian Church. He works with the Wilmington Ministerial Alliance, East NC Countywide Development Corporation and the Wilmington Blue Ribbon Commission.
Our name, Greater Diversity News, really tells the world where we are politically. We’re progressive. To that end, all else being equal, we support what we consider to be the more progressive candidates for office. Click here for sample ballot.
- Improving Community College Student Success
- Swimming Upstream, Not Waiting for Superman
- A Book That Changes Lives: “Your Little Red Wagon”
- Black Farmers Rally on Capitol Hill
- Restorative Justice Invites a Fundamental Shift in the Way We Think About Justice
- Supporting Leadership that Promotes Racial Justice
- Webinar: Developing Leadership that Contributes to Racial Justice
- $43.4 Million of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) Funds Awarded to NCDOT