The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics just released the latest details on the American job market. The report mixed good news with bad – private-sector firms created 159,000 new jobs in October, but the unemployment rate remains persistently high, at 9.6 percent.
Woman/Minority Owned Architectural Firm Heads the Modern Wing Project at the Art Institute of Chicago
CHICAGO– Few architecture firms get the opportunity to work with renowned architect Renzo Piano on ground breaking design and construction of a world iconÑin this case the new Modern Wing at the Art Institute of Chicago, but that is exactly what Interactive Design, Inc. (IDEA) of Chicago did. What is more unusual, however, is that firm is helmed by Dina A. Griffin, a black womanÑin fact one of only 262 black women architects in the US.
It is important during this holiday season that you and I rededicate our passion for the family. Family is important for the survival of this nation in general and this is particularly true for the black race. Strong families make dynamic churches, thriving communities, better schools, and a greater nation.
Drawing on the latest national data, a new report concludes that marriage is in trouble among so-called "Middle Americans," defined as the 58 percent of adults who have a high school diploma and possibly some post-secondary education, but
- Asian American Men Face Discrimination in Job Market
- From Addict to Counselor - How Project Homeless Connect Helped Henry Belton Turn His Life Around
- Holiday Shopping Made Easier for Parents of Children with Special Needs
- Touché! A Workplace Guide to the I-Should-Have-Saids
- 5 Must-follow Tips Will Let You Shop Safely Online, UAB Expert Says