Minority Business News
Goods, services, information and ideas all flow across the globe more easily than ever in the 21st century, yet today people face increased scrutiny and resistance in crossing the same borders. Why has migration become such a volatile issue for our world?
NYSERDA Awards $1.5 Million to Establish Clean Energy Business Incubator Program at Stony Brook University
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) today announced it is providing $1.5 million to establish a Clean Energy Business Incubator Program (CEBIP) on the campus of Stony Brook University. The Long Island High Technology Incubator, Inc. (LIHTI, www.LIHTI.org), which will receive this funding over the next four years, will provide business support to accelerate the successful development of early-stage, clean energy technology companies on Long Island.
The NCCU Department of Public Administration will host a conference titled “The Many Faces of Poverty” on March 5, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., in the H.M. Michaux, Jr. School of Education Building. The purpose is to generate vigorous thought and discussion on ways to address the global plague
of poverty. Panel discussions and Q&A sessions will round out the event.
Babson Executive Education (BEE) and The Center for Women’s Leadership at Babson College will deliver their women’s program, Moving from Managing to Leading, April 26-30, 2010 at BEE’s award-winning Babson Executive Conference Center in Wellesley, Mass.
The world’s best corporate citizens differ in their social responsibility emphases depending on the location of their headquarters. Seventy-five percent of Japanese firms, for example, give to arts, sports or music programs, while only one-third of U.S. companies support those initiatives.
- Product Recalls: Ethics and Business Impacts
- More Older Americans Take On Entrepreneurship Ventures, According To U.S. Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM)
- CBC Members Stand Up for Black Press, Jobs, Small Businesses, Vow to Escalate Protests if Black Economic Woes are Ignored
- Greensboro Launches Web Site to Track Stimulus
- Asia Pacific Family Summit: Stimulating Entrepreneurship In Family Firms
- Business Mentoring Increases Productivity