Career And Education
Illiteracy affects one in seven U.S. adults. And those 30 million adults are a big reason why 33 percent of fourth-graders are unable to read at grade level. In turn, the work force is ill-equipped to compete in a 21st century economy, and communities are at risk. The problem affects multiple generations, that’s why it needs a multi-generation solution – family literacy.
- It Pays to Be Nice: Rudeness in the Workplace Comes with a Hefty Price Tag
- Beating Bullies: Seeking New Solutions to Youth Violence
- Supreme Court Decision Important to Employment Testing Profession
- Stimulus Dollars Lift Hopes for Teen Jobs This Summer
- Summer School Cancellation Stirs Deep Concern in South L.A.
- Low Income Chicago Children Facing Barriers to Pre-School