Career And Education
Are you a verbal learner or a visual learner? Chances are, you’ve pegged yourself or your children as either one or the other and rely on study techniques that suit your individual learning needs. And you’re not alone— for more than 30 years, the notion that teaching methods should match a student’s particular learning style has exerted a powerful influence on education. The long-standing popularity of the learning styles movement has in turn created a thriving commercial market amongst researchers, educators, and the general public.
Today, we see an entire generation of new young leaders and entrepreneurs alike struggling to make an impact. This is the age of social networking with Facebook, Twitter, Google and mobile technologies enabling people to connect with millions in geographically dispersed locations worldwide.
WASHINGTON (NNPA) – African-American joblessness – nearly twice the national rate - is quickly becoming the first showdown between Black leaders and the nation’s first Black president as national Black and civil right leaders raise their voices telling the Obama Administration it’s time to end the jobs crisis in the Black community.
“We're sending a strong message to the president and Congress that we need to step up.
Change is certain and constant. Benjamin Franklin would have been wise to add "change" to his adage that "death and taxes are the only certainties of life." We are inundated every day with new relationships, new ways to do things, new expectations and new information.
- Addressing Young Black Male Literacy Crisis
- Bosses Who Feel Inadequate Can Turn Into Bullies
- Women and People of Color Being Recruited for Master of Public Administration Degree Program
- Program Targets Disadvantaged Youth for Careers in Public Health
- Family Literacy Can Solve Many of Nation’s Problems
- Amidst School Budget Crisis New Food 4 Thought Program Brings Food and Learning to at Risk Kids