Career And Education
On October 16, many will gather on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with the dedication ceremony of his memorial. Harry E. Johnson Sr., who has led the Washington, D.C. Martin Luther King Memorial Foundation as president and CEO since 2002, will address thousands.
You can depend on it: if it’s the presidential-election season, then it’s time for conservatives to retrieve from the political cesspoolthe tawdry claim that Black voters, seduced by the political bells and whistles of “Black leaders,” unthinkingly vote Democratic.
ivil Rights Report Shines Light on Education Disparities More Underserved Kids Taking Advanced Placement Exams
- Prophetic Genius of Gil Scott Heron
- Your Take: Threat to Blacks in the Public Sector
- Flawed Exam Cost Blacks More Than Jobs
- Researchers Explore How Cognitive Behaviourial Therapy Can Give Street Youth New Lease on Life
- Is There a 'Tiger Mother' Effect?
- Empowered Workers Are Better, More Productive Workers
- Financial Literacy Month: Helps teach young Americans about save, budget, invest
- UNCW Conference to Explore Lasting Impact of Rosenwald Schools on African American Education
- Digital Divide: Civil Rights Groups Set Benchmarks to Correct "Vast Disparities in Access" to Broadband