With the next election 11 months away, President Obama has begun sharpening his populist message and drawing a sharp contrast between his vision for America and the Republican alternative. Obama’s speech last week in Osawatomie, Kan. provided an example of how he plans to attack his Republican opposition.
New Hanover County Board of Education is seeking applicants for consideration for appointment to the new D.C. Virgo Urban Prep Charter Academy Board
The New Hanover County Board of Education is seeking applicants for consideration for appointment to the new D.C. Virgo Urban Prep Charter Academy Board. They will appoint three individuals to serve staggered terms on the new charter school board. In order to achieve the staggered terms, the New Hanover County Board of Education will set the initial terms for their three members as one, two, or three-year terms. After this, all terms will be three years.
- Grant Competition for Three MBDA Business Centers Announced - The Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) today announced a competitive solicitation for applications from prospective candidates to operate a MBDA Business Center in three distinct areas of the United States: Houston, TX, the State of Louisiana, and either the State of Mississippi or the State of Tennessee. The successful applicants will join a network of more than 35 MBDA Business Centers across the United States, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
As many as 1 in 100 black men and women develop heart failure before the age of 50, 20 times the rate in whites in this age group, according to new findings from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) of the National Institutes of Health. In the study, heart failure developed in black participants at an average age of 39, often preceded by risk factors such as high blood pressure, obesity, and chronic kidney disease 10 to 20 years earlier.
- Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
- Combating Chronic Disease: A Problem that Plagues Minority Communities
- Obama: Drug Addiction is a Disease, Not a Crime
- Cain’s Presidential Bid was Asinine-Nine-Nine
- 2012: Demand for Excellence in Education Empowerment
- Black Women Confront HIV Stigma, Health and Funding Disparities
- POWER RADIO
- Obama Drug Adviser: Reform Justice System to Recognize Drug Addiction as Disease